Opportunities for Academic and Professional Exchanges
CAMBIO funding is available to allow faculty exchanges between Queen’s University and University of Guadalajara. Faculty from either institution will be eligible to travel to the partner institution for a semester or year-long sabbatical for training and interaction. Support for professional exchanges to other Canadian agencies, institutions or government departments will also be considered by CAMBIO. One short-term (2 weeks or less) and one longer-term exchange is contemplated for each year of the Program.
Given the variety of research projects, this information is a basic guide only. Funding exists for a maximum of $2500 Cdn dollars for short term exchanges for up to 2 weeks (including transportation from Mexico to Canada), and for a maximum of $25,000 Cdn for longer exchanges lasting several months.
Eligibility and Applications
Any Program Team Member may submit a proposal for a faculty or professional exchange visit at any time over the life of the Program on behalf of themselves or a nominee.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae of the applicant, accompanied by a proposal of approximately 500 to 1,000 words to the Program Leaders, c/o the CAMBIO Program Manager. The proposal should also include an indication of support from their CAMBIO host. The application should describe:
- a. how the visit fits within the overall goals of the CAMBIO Program.
- b. how the visit will develop the professional career of the applicant
- c. how the visit will benefit the home and host institutions.
- d. the applicant’s research record and the aims of the proposed exchange
- e. the academic strength of the proposal (including a desire to work with graduate students, partner with faculty members in shared research efforts, deliver seminars, workshops…)
- f. the proposed dates for the exchange and the requested level of CAMBIO support
- g. sources of additional support if applicable (from the home institutional or elsewhere)
It is expected that the faculty visitor will work closely with one or more faculty members at the host institution. There is the clear expectation that they may produce joint and individual publications during and after the tenure of the award. The faculty visitor will be present at the host institution’s campus during the period of the exchange, and may work with graduate students, provide lectures or seminars and opportunities for interaction with students and faculty members.
Links of interest: for researchers participating in exchanges with Queen's University
Depending on the type of academic exchange, working on collaborative research projects involving members based at the School of Kinesiology and Health Studies, Queen's University, members of the CAMBIO Research Team, or with other collaborators, may be possible (link).